Spiritualist's Sports and Adventures Club
If the spiritual aspects of Sports matter more to you; If you seek that special feeling of body-mind synchronization or enjoy playing games just for the fun of it ; if you knowingly or unknowingly feel drawn to the natural beauty of the outdoors, we have something in common.
Mission of SSAC
Sports and adventures reflect the aspirations of a particular age. At the dawning of a new era, the Spiritualist's Sports and adventures Club (SSAC) has been formed to integrate sports and adventure with the higher aspirations of our time and to harmonize body, mind and spirit in a new way.
With this in mind, the first SSAC club was founded in India in 1978 to realize the following aims:
1. To inspire and provide opportunities for all people to participate in sport and adventure, regardless of nationality, age, race, economic or other considerations;
2. To encourage physical, mental and spiritual health and development, through exercise, sports and vegetarian diet;
3. To integrate the principles and practices of Tantra Yoga with sports and adventures, for the harmony of body, mind and spirit;
4. To oppose corruption, exploitation and elitism in the field of sport and setting a new standard of values by our own conduct
5. To serve the less fortunate members of society
SSAC Around the Globe
- Ananda Vratii Master Unit, the Quest Center is a project of people and families that want to give a space for growth and quests to inner fulfillment, harmony and love. Their means to achieve this is to cultivate various disciplines that help to develop our innermost potentials and human values such as Tai-Chi, Kung-Fu, Yoga and meditation. By serving individuals and groups to "quest" for these inner goals through these practices, collective games, workshops and outdoor activities, we learn and grow ourselves. The outdoor space is a north face of an ancient mountain with old maple trees and a meadow with a sizeable vegetable garden. It has proven to be ideal for the typical camp games such as hide-and-seek, capture-the-flag and others. The Quest Center organizes its own programs and also rents the place to groups. An adjacent property of 120 acres of dense woods is available for use in recreational activities. Link: http://www.innersports.org/quest.htm
- Ananda Kanan / Missouri characterized by water and CPR... This time red cross training needed to be completed by CPR and CPR we did with local Red Cross trainer jeff, we pumped and pumped until our arms tired out. These were the new instructions to save lives. More pumping than breathing. Up to 30 times... OK, that was our finishing program. We actually started with some interesting workshops on a new method of building up "Goodness Gangs" and on Dhyana by Dada Nabhaniilananda and Dada Rainjitananda. The next day became the boating day on the river with special test of courage being the rock jump and seeing the crude life of the boat "BLOBS"as a comparison to our spiritual lifestyle. Link: http://www.innersports.org/camp2010.htm
News / Activities / Establishments of Spiritualist's Sports and Adventures Club
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 2.3.0 : Warning: No results.
|This page "Spiritualist's Sports and Adventures Club" is under construction requiring input and further improvements.
Please help [https://amargapedia.net/wiki/index.php?title=Spiritualist%27s_Sports_and_Adventures_Club&action=edit to improve this page.